Parish History

             St. Bartholomew Anglican (Episcopal) Church —History of  Parish .


St. Bartholomew opened its doors after a number of Anglicans in Windsor Park were determined to have a place for worship near their homes. This group of strong believers knew what God was calling them to be...witnesses to the love of Christ. Some mortgaged their homes to make it a reality. They have provided us with a spiritual home—a place where the people of God gather to worship, to grow in that relationship, to share in leadership and ministry, to love and support one another and engage in mission locally and abroad.

 The following chronicles a brief synopsis of the Church’s early beginnings:

 November 27th, 1957—At a meeting held at St. Philip’s Church, a decision was made by 24 residents of Windsor Park to establish a neighbourhood church

  December 22nd, 1957—First Sunday School in the community: held in families’ homes (two such households: Salstrom and Bagot)

  April 13th, 1958—1st Church service, held at Frontenac School

 January 26th, 1959—At the first Annual General Meeting a decision was made to purchase three lots on Autumnwood; lots that would house the church building and rectory

  August 19th, 1959—Appointment of the first Rector, The Rev. Patrick Lee (Later Bishop of the Diocese)

  November 11th, 1959—Cornerstone for Parish hall laid by Archbishop Barfoot

 December 24th, 1959—First church service held in Upper Hall

 February 24th, 1964—Dedication of the Church and Celebration of Holy Eucharist held in the nave of the new church building

  October 1st, 1967—The Rev. Patrick Lee reassigned; replaced by The Rev. Harold   Newton

  August 24th, 1984—25th Anniversary, celebrated with a Holy Eucharist and followed by Wine and Cheese in the Parish Upper Hall. Family portraits taken for souvenir book.